Gurrawarra or “meeting of the four winds” sits among a tightly held pocket of English Summer Houses, located on the famous Waverley Ridge. Renown for its temperate climate and commanding views Waverley Ridge was “the” place to retreat for the aristocracy and decision makers which made Adelaide the place it is today.
Located on the Eastern side of the Ridge, Gurrawarra commands breathtaking views of what was affectionately coined by its settlers as “Adelaide’s Playground” – The Adelaide Hills.
Elegant in style and grand in proportions, the Mansion offers traditional formal family accommodation blended with modern casual living areas.
What we love about this property:
– The Mansion, the epitome of strength and beauty, effortlessly commands attention by retaining authentic period features that one comes to expect with a masterpiece of the era.
– Like most iconic historic homes in the Adelaide Hills Gurrawarra is crafted of Mount Lofty Stone.
– Built at the direction of A.T.Magarey (Co Founder of the Royal Geographical Society Of South Australia)
– At 700m above sea level and with an ever changing environment, Gurrawarra is one of the few locations one can live among the stars, float among the clouds yet have feet firmly on the ground.
– Formal lounge of grand proportions, dining/study with commanding views, gourmet in eat in country kitchen, sun room, third bathroom and casual living areas all occupy the lower level and afford much required separation from the second story sleeping quarters.
– Drenched in natural light the upper level is an invitation to unwind or alternatively step out onto the balcony to regain perspective over the uninterrupted panoramic views of the Adelaide Hills
– An essential requirement for comfortable Hills living, remote access garaging is afforded under the main roof, complete with internal access.
– Discretely located Cellar will suit the sommelier, with storage of up to 500 bottles.
– The enchanting garden, more akin to a flora museum is magical to any age and the result of a vision borne well over 100 years ago. Filled with century old trees, giant specimens of Rhododendrons and mature Camellias:- the ability to rejuvenate and get lost in your own wooded wonderland is endless
– Enchanting gravel paths and stairs, lined by a Spring carpet of bulbs, lead below the canopy of the gracious century old plantings. Garden benches allow for the admiration of seasonal changes to the garden and create a sense of “private viewing rooms” to take advantage of all that is Gurrawarra.
– White beadboard sheds to the front and rear of the property will entice any child or potter/gardener to entrench themselves further in this unique holding.
– Proximate to all transport, Stirling Village and an easy 10 minutes to the Toll Gate
C/T = 5372/772
Council = Adelaide Hills
Zoning = Country Living
ES Levy = $198
Land Size = 2778sqm
House Built = 1883
Ouwens Casserly Real Estate is one of South Australia’s largest privately owned
residential and development real estate agency. If you are looking for a real estate agent in
CRAFERS WEST, then we can help you.