Are you looking to buy an investment property or looking for a change with your current investment? Reach out for obligation-free property management advice and utilise the OC Property Management advantage.
'Quambaloo'; an iconic mid-century treasure with a breathtaking outlook
Offers Close Wed, 16th Nov – 12pm (usp)
Emerging from the tight grasp of its owners of more than 50 years, this distinctive multi-storey home takes the vaunted mid-century modern movement to such beautiful heights that serves the vast ocean, Adelaide’s famous sunsets and the city lights like few homes can.
Built c.1960 and sympathetically expanded in the ’80s, the timeless appeal of Quambaloo’s iconic architectural elements is matched by an intangible warmth that embraces you like a hug, whether admiring its striking figure from its wildlife-laden parcel or looking outward through its walls of glass.
Flowing with ease from the front door to a glass room that seems to suspend in the air and looks over your very own pool, the upper level draws on the prolific use of natural materials (such as timber and stone) as well as vast windows in all three bedrooms, multiple living zones and central kitchen.
The lower level reveals a large lounge and bar that connects exclusively to a master retreat and walk-in robe, adding yet another layer of flexibility to this solar-fed home with a knack for ushering you outside.
Whether it’s a pool party or a quiet moment of contemplation on a balcony that doubles up as a place to dine and offering a front row seat to New Year’s Eve fireworks, what feels like a world of your own is found just 9kms from the CBD and just metres from nature trails.
If Lynton is the best kept secret of Adelaide’s foothills (and it is), then ‘Quambaloo’ is a secret worth keeping.
Features we love…
• Efficient split R/C, gas heating and feature copper fireplace
• Workshops and an underground wine cellar with room for 1000+ bottles
• Powerful 3.6KW solar system
• Loads of storage throughout
• Off-street parking for multiple cars, including double carport and 3 point turning circle
• Enviably placed on a tranquil no-through road
• Minutes from Pasadena Foodland and Mitcham Square Shopping Centre
• Close to a range of revered schools and colleges, including Scotch College, Mercedes College and Clapham Primary, with easy direct routes to Walford and Mitcham Girls High
• Walking distance from public transport (Belair line train and buses)
• Superb living as it is, but also offering huge potential for those with a vision
CT Reference – 5826/389
Council – City of Mitcham
Council Rates – $1,979.55 pa approx.
SA Water Rates – $212.92 pq approx.
Emergency Services Levy – $185.15 pa approx.
Land Size – 1332m² approx.
Year Built – 1961
Total Build area – 308m² approx.
Ouwens Casserly Real Estate is one of South Australia’s largest privately owned
residential and development real estate agencies. If you are looking for a real estate agent in
Lynton, then we can help you.