Perched on the majestic rolling hills of Bull Creek, this enchanting holding offers a perfect combination of rural living, sizeable productive/income producing land, all blended with the character and charm of a c1890 Freestone family home. At 132 years young, the home is completely liveable as is, yet also offers opportunity to personalize and update further into the comfortable authenticity of farm life or be polished into the elegance and luxury of a modern era. More than a house, this home is the canvas in which memories are created.
What we love – the home:
• Graceful 1890’s freestone home, retaining period features of lofty ceilings, picture rails and lead light. Feature fireplaces and hallway fretwork add to the charm
• Stately entrance with welcoming wide hallway
• Currently disposed as four bedrooms, two with built in robes
• Hard wearing Jarrah floorboards
• Central main bathroom to service all bedrooms
• Large lounge room with slow combustion fireplace and carpet for underfloor comfort
• Updated eat in kitchen with pantry, dishwasher, dual sink, electric cook top and wall oven
• Lean-to has been incorporated into a sunroom with adjacent second bathroom and laundry
• Stunning lounge, carpeted for underfoot comfort and slow combustion fire all carpeted and with an abundance of natural light.
• Surrounded by a minimal maintenance garden, there is room to further develop. Extensive vege patch or perhaps more of an orchard?
What we love – the land:
• The land is approx. 20.85 hectares of undulating land suited to up to thirty head of cattle or horses
• Three dams, the primary being approx 40 feet deep
• Sectioned into paddocks with stock troughs to each
• Fully functioning dairy – can also double for horse stables with adjacent tack/storeroom – includes separate gated entrance
• Fully equipped bore, with additional rainwater plumbed to the house
• Spectacular rural views
• Circular driveway with sizable carport under main roof
• Chook run, fruit trees,
• Biocycle effluent system
With superb opportunities to upgrade, personalize and develop, this fits the category of a legacy property, worth thoughtful consideration. 10 minutes to Meadows, 25 minutes to both Goolwa and Mt Barker and approx. 1 hour to the CBD. 7km to Meadows Primary, 14km’s Macclesfield Primary, and approx. 16.5km to Eastern Fleurieu campuses.
C/T = 5826/423
Council = Mount Barker
Year Built = 1890
Zoning = Rural
Council Rates = $ 2,674 (approx.)
Land Size = 20.85 Ha
Ouwens Casserly Real Estate is one of South Australia’s largest privately owned
residential and development real estate agencies. If you are looking for a real estate agent in
Bull Creek, then we can help you.