Are you looking to buy an investment property or looking for a change with your current investment? Reach out for obligation-free property management advice and utilise the OC Property Management advantage.
A proud piece of city history…architecturally extended to redefine city living
Auction Sat, 26th Aug – 10am (usp)
Commissioned by pastoralist John Rounsevell in 1872 and architecturally extended by Geofrey Nairn to snag its very own commendation award; this resplendent bluestone bay-windowed villa is a meeting of then and now worthy of its tightly held position on the leafy cusp of Victoria Park.
Set above street level on an enviable south-north parcel with hidden lane access to undercover parking for three cars, the dimensions and functionality of its landholding alone defy the usual city-living script before you even set eyes on its gas heated pool/spa and alfresco pavilion.
The contrast between the grand original home and Mr Nairn’s ahead-of-its-time open-plan addition is bold, making soaring ceilings, polished timber boards, and ornate fireplaces a timeless prologue to clean lines, architectural skylights and bi-fold doors that blur the boundaries between indoors and out.
A bay-windowed library looks over Gilles Street with authority; a converted guest wing combines a bathroom and bedroom with a sitting room to create a home within a home; the master’s underfloor heated ensuite makes mornings a dream; and the huge under-ground cellar will host quaint card nights like few can.
Whether it’s the stone-topped open-plan kitchen with Miele appliances and integrated double fridge or its outdoor, poolside counterpart under the heated pavilion; good food becomes the nucleus to every occasion here, all year round.
That’s of course if you haven’t booked yourself a table at one of Hutt Street’s ever-growing collection of restaurants or the plan is to stroll into the East End and choose something on the fly. City living, the way it was always meant to be.
– Grand, historical residence with award winning architectural addition
– Enviably placed in the city’s sought-after south-eastern pocket, between Hutt Street and Victoria Park
– Periodically updated by its long-standing owners
– Ultra-flexible floorplan with multiple living zones
– Alfresco pavilion with heating and outdoor kitchen/BBQ
– 2.5KW solar system for reduced energy bills
– Large gas heated pool and spa with swim jets and water feature
– Ducted reverse cycle heating and cooling
– Large underground cellar
– Lane access to lock-up garage and carport
– Under-floor heating to bathrooms
– Very secure with CCTV, electronic gated entry and alarm
– Walking distance from public transport and the CBD beyond
Ouwens Casserly Real Estate is one of South Australia’s largest privately owned
residential and development real estate agencies. If you are looking for a real estate agent in
Adelaide, then we can help you.