Are you looking to buy an investment property or looking for a change with your current investment? Reach out for obligation-free property management advice and utilise the OC Property Management advantage.
Historical c.1850 cottage and studio, recast at its special rear
From humble stone cottage and boot shop to a dynamic designer home, a story that started way back in 1850 is written (literally) all over what is arguably Kensington’s most heartwarming treasure on the peaceful banks of Second Creek, just steps from a secret park and the famous Rising Sun Inn.
It’s no secret that Samuel Heanes started it all; his name tastefully plastered on the side wall of the shop that makes this a curious proposition before you even step inside the cottage.
The cottage is self contained, charming to its core and carries a strong rental history on Airbnb, opening a door to a supplemented income – and the ultra-modern two-level addition conceived by designer Martin Childs, completed in just 2008.
The result is two vastly opposing eras, fused together to create bold contrast that feels ‘meant to be’, reaching its crescendo where open-living is defined by polished concrete floors, striking kitchen and a floor-to-ceiling view of a tranquil garden and its separate studio/home office.
Whether it’s the large underground cellar, the luxurious upper level master retreat, private access to that secret park at its rear or the shop that could be a living zone, bedroom or another avenue of extra income; it’s a proud piece of history and a functional work of art in one. Welcome home.
Features we love…
– Steeped in history
– Super-flexible layout ensures the cottage can be closed off completely from the rear two-storey addition
– Rear access to double garage with remote entry
– An efficient mix of ducted and split R/C, gas fireplace and underfloor heating to master’s ensuite
– Powerful 8KW solar system
– Separate fully lined studio/home office with a gorgeous garden view
– Loads of storage
– Ultra-functional kitchen with breakfast bar, stainless steel integrated gas cooktop and Miele appliances, including built-in coffee machine
– Beautifully presented gardens
– Zoned for and a short walk from Marryatville High School
– The option to lease out the shop to the current owner’s voice coaching business (VoiceStyle)
– Moments from The Parade and Pembroke School
CT Reference – 5549/329
Council – Norwood, Payneham & St Peters
Council Rates – $2,455.14 pa
SA Water Rates – $273.23 pq
Emergency Services Levy – $242.55 pa
Land Size – 560m² approx.
Year Built – 1851
Total Build area – 329m² approx.
Ouwens Casserly Real Estate is one of South Australia’s largest privately owned
residential and development real estate agencies. If you are looking for a real estate agent in
Kensington, then we can help you.