Are you looking to buy an investment property or looking for a change with your current investment? Reach out for obligation-free property management advice and utilise the OC Property Management advantage.
Also known as The Top Pub, the Kenton Inn ceased trading in the 1940’s after the hotel in the main street acquired it to gain a monopoly over the watering holes in the township. Lovingly maintained it now serves as a stunning home and a fine example of the architecture of the era. Set on a canvas of captivating established “garden rooms”, it is completed with inground pool, and generous garaging. This really is your ultimate escape to the country.
What we love about this property:
• Accessed via slip lane and set back from the corner of Victoria and McLaren Streets, the character laden home invokes a sense of history. Bearing witness to untold stories over generations, the proximity of a bygone era is inescapable.
• Sitting with a proud elevation, it takes in views over the superb rolling countryside. Stand on the front verandah and in a moment of stillness, you can almost hear the horse and carts pulling up and the havering from workers as the kegs are lowered off the sidewalk and into the impressive cellar down below
• Inviting period features of high ceilings, leadlight details, large sash window and polished floorboards have all been retained
• Brilliantly adapted for family living, the floorplan ensures significant separation from the Master and bedrooms 2 and 3
• Large master suite has upgraded walk-through wardrobes and luxurious ensuite with double shower
• Well-appointed and updated kitchen, complete with stone bench tops, Miele appliances and pot belly for the cooler months
• Large dining room with cellar access. The servery from the adjacent kitchen is a modification contributed by the current owners, creating ease for entertaining
• Serviced by their own private lounge/rumpus room, bed 2 and 3 combine for the ultimate kids or guest zone
• Stunning Cellar, complete with racking for 36 dozen bottles and original sleeper rails for lowering of kegs from the pedestrian level are still in situ
• The oversized (approx. 9m x 4m) family room is versatile in use and capturing the northern light, is the hub of the home.
• Paved courtyard with outdoor kitchen. Shrouded under a large canopy of weeping birch, this is the perfect setting for outdoor entertaining
• Large inground pool for all the family to enjoy in the warmer months
• 9.4KW (approx.) solar system, 16,000L rainwater tank – plumbed to the house, large 9m x 6m garage/workshop and irrigation to most of the grounds.
One of the Adelaide Hills most picturesque townships, Gumeracha is forging ahead from the days of only being known for its Large Rocking Horse, to an awakened township, infilling with bespoke retail, quaint cafes, and attraction businesses. With the greater region offering a blend of distilleries, breweries, flower farms, wineries and more, it is located 25 minutes from Tea Tree Plaza and 50 minutes from the CBD.
Located General Information
C/T = 5091/233
Council = Adelaide Hills Council
Council Rates = $2,242.45 pa(approx.)
Zone = (T) Township
Land Size = 1215sqm
Ouwens Casserly Real Estate is one of South Australia’s largest privately owned
residential and development real estate agencies. If you are looking for a real estate agent in
Gumeracha, then we can help you.