Short, sharp, stats & updates on what’s happening in Adelaide’s property market.
Episode 5 – June 2021
Greater market update
- Australia’s housing boom rolls on with National home values lifting another 2.2% in May
- There are early signs that investors are coming back to the property market, with February and March recording a -4.8% reduction in first home buyer borrowing.
- Property investor financing was up 17.7% in March compared with January, pushing up the share of financing secured by investors to 25.9% in the month, compared with a recent low of 23.1% in January.
- South Australia’s dwelling market has seen trends continue to break away from averages. In the three months to April 2021, quarterly growth for Adelaide dwelling values was 7%
- Sales volumes through April were an estimated 36.4% higher across Adelaide on the previous five-year average.
- Total stock on market was -33.6% below the previous five-year average in South Australia, with just 9,336 dwellings available for sale.
- Adelaide has been ranked the world’s third most liveable city by a global index, moving up seven places to take the nation’s top spot from COVID-impacted Melbourne.
- This is incredible news for SA and builds the momentum we need as we look forward to international borders potentially opening in the second half of the year.
- Adelaide Central Market to be upgraded.
- Developments are creating more stock availability across Adelaide.
If you are buying, selling, or renting, please reach out to one of the team members at OC.